Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
Being the victim of a serious accident that leaves you or a loved one with severe injuries is terrifying and, often, angering. At the law office of Trombley & Hanes, our Tampa personal injury lawyers know what you’re going through when you’ve been harmed due to another’s actions. As you think about the future and what happens next, our personal injury lawyers can be by your side to build your personal injury case and advocate for your rights. Call us today to learn more about how we can help.
Civil negligence claims are based on the failure to do what a reasonable and prudent person would ordinarily have done under the circumstances. Or, the failure to observe, for the protection of another’s interest, such care and vigilance as the circumstances demand and the absence of which caused injury. Or, an omission by a responsible person to use that degree of care, diligence, and skill that it was his legal duty to use to protect another person from injury. Contact the experienced Tampa personal injury lawyers at Trombley & Hanes today.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Work On
At the office of Trombley & Hanes, we work on a wide variety of personal injury claims. If you have been injured and you believe that someone else’s negligence was the cause, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team for a free consultation. Common types of injury claims we work on include:
- Auto Accidents Motor vehicle accident claims. If you’ve been in an accident involving a motor vehicle, including a truck accident, pedestrian accident, motorcycle accident, or bicycle accident, our law firm can help.
- Premises Liability Premises liability claims. Referring to accidents that happen on others’ properties, we work on slip and fall claims, amusement park injury claims, construction site claims, and more.
- Products Liability Products liability claims. If you have been harmed by a product while using the product as intended, you may have a claim against the product manufacturer.
- Wrongful Death Wrongful death claims. Have you lost a loved one in a tragic accident that was caused by the wrongful act or neglect of another party? You may have a claim for civil damages against the at-fault party.
The Elements of a Personal Injury Claim
While all personal injury claims are different, most require that four elements be established in order to hold the defendant liable for damages (strict liability claims are an exception to this rule). The four elements of a personal injury claim are:
- You must prove that the defendant owed you a duty. This is often implied. For example, all drivers owe others on the road a duty to operate their vehicles lawfully.
- Breach of duty. You must establish that the at-fault party breached the duty of care owed to you. Using the same motor vehicle example, you will need to prove that the at-fault driver did something negligent, such as speeding or distracted driving.
- Causation means establishing that the defendant’s negligence was the proximate cause of the accident, or that the accident and injuries would not have occurred but for the negligence.
- Finally, you’ll need to prove that you suffered actual damages as a result of the accident, such as economic and noneconomic losses.
Call Our Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation Today
To learn more about your rights when you are involved in an accident caused by the fault of another party, please reach out to an experienced Tampa personal injury lawyer at the office of Trombley & Hanes directly. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis.